How to Get Things Done with a Newborn

Anyone who has cared for a newborn would know how hard it is to do anything while looking after the squirmy, yelly, helpless, needy bundle. I often end up squirmy, yelly, helpless and needy too because I just wanna *do stuff*. Know the feeling!?

The *best* solution would be to enlist help, but we all already know that. We also know that we can't have help 24/7. So, how do you get anything done?

Since I've had two babies now, I'm practically an expert (ha!) and I've got the simplest tip.

Break tasks into small tasks. And break them up again into even smaller tasks. And break them up again into tiny tasks. Then do a tiny task every tiny moment you get.

Wanna shower? Tiny tasks:
- Shampoo hair
- Condition hair
- Wash face
- Exfoliate face
- Exfoliate body
- Wash body
etc

Wanna take out the rubbish?
- Empty kitchen bin
- Line kitchen bin
- Empty bathroom bin
- Line bathroom bin
- Put rubbish bags into big bin
- Empty recycling bin
- Wheel bin to kerb
etc

Wanna do the laundry?
- Sort
- Soak
- Load washer
- Set cycle, load detergent and wash
- Empty washer
- Hang out washing
- Collect washing
- Fold
- Put away folding
etc

Yes it'll take forever and lots of moments before something is complete but it will at least get done.

Sometimes you may get lucky and get an extra long moment to be able to do more than one tiny task! #winning

Don't forget to enjoy the precious moments with bub.

This may sound silly but honestly this kept me sane, and I felt I was at least achieving some things each day! (By the way, it does get better. x)

Now... the next question is... How to get things with a newborn and a toddler? I haven't figured out that one yet. (cold sweat emoji) Any tips?

Comments